My Blog List

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pie


I took a breather from my studying, and enjoyed a conversation with my roomate for a couple seconds.  We talked about cows of all things.  This lead me to think about my cow from my senior year.  His name was Pie.  At the time, his face reminded me of a Pie.  However, with my conversation, and the mythology of my mind.  I couldnt help but think that maybe his name was a lot more mythical than I originally thought.  Pie is infinate, it never ends.  Pie is a circle, with pieces to be cut out. 

Pie is a perfect metaphor for life.  Life never ends, it simply repeats with new beginnings, each savory piece to be cut out is just part of the endless cycle.  Not to mention all the stories about Cows! Io, Zeus as a bull, the Minotaur.  When I named that cow of mine, I never realized just how much he meant to the world.  He ahd a great effect on my life,  I had to work every day to train him, and then I sold him to be butchered.  I watched the full circle of a life be created with that cow.  Pie abducted such a great portion of my summer with is constant training.  Just as Zeus abducted Europa.  He was a challenge to train, a challenge that I had to face just as the Minotaur was, and sometimes, he seemed just as evil as the minotaur was, dragging me through the dirt, kicking me, and trying to gorge me with his stubbs that I had the commen sense to saw down before they became sharp points.  However, he also brough me great joy.  On the last day I had him, after he had come to accept my touch, I realized that he was very sweet.  I beleive that he had realized that his circle of life had come to an end.  Pie ended up on a plate, just as the food pie does.  He completed a complete circle, and he ended with his beginning, emptyness.  Pie was pure, he was simple minded, and yet he was mythological.  He embodied so much more than I ever could have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment