My Blog List

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Footprints


The beginning of my summer.  Footprints in the sand.  I am following these footprints of my life now, the footprints that destiny had laid down there for me lng long ago.  "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" (Fowles, 529)  I was permitted to take this picture at the time, so that I could look back on it now and realize that those were not my footprints after I stepped them, but before I had even started.  The mythology had just begun.  It was an illusion that I believed I was stepping them for the first time.  This same beach had been walked thousands of times by thousands of people, I was just fooled by the illusion that the waves had made.  I did not open my eyes enough to see under the cover.  I was holding my own basket with a story and I did not even realize it.  I may not have seen the foot prints of the stories I was follwoing before, but I should have realized, it is still the same sand.  It will always be the same sand.  Now some other persons footrprints are exactly where mine once were.  The poor fool does not even know, that beach has already been walked.  It always will be.  Life is a never ending circle.  This is the strongest message I am getting from this class, from this book, and from everything around me.  Mythology was already there.  I just did not lift the viel to view it.Thinking back to that day, I remember the brilliant colors of the sky, and how the sea smelt. 

Zeus and Posidon were there, guiding me on my travels, and I only saw the beauty.  The foot prints next to me where that of the man I loved...and yet at the time, I never saw Aphrodite.   Now it is all so clear.  I was with the Gods.  I was so enthusiastic to be there. I was so happy.  It was all mythology.  It will always be mythology! I am now being permitted to see that what I saw was not actually true.  I was just permitted to see the illusion. 
Yet...to me, this grand illusion is all true.  Everything is just another footprint in the sand.  My feet were just following the story written out there long long ago, a story from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment