My Blog List

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Betrayal.

I was on a myth minded role when I received a call from one of my good friends.  She called me crying and said that she had been broken up with.  Unfortunately, I cannot say I am surprised.  History will ALWAYS repeat itself; and this particular story was very familiar to me.  Last year, I had walked the exact same path with a guy, and I had received the same coward break up message.  I had warned my friend about the path she was walking down, because after the fact, I could clearly see the message she had engraved on her basket.
Every time I think history must repeat itself, I remind myself that it is an incorrect sentence.  The correct one was said by a mythical creature...Genie himself.  "I'm history.  No, I'm mythology". 
 History does not repeat itself, however Mythology does.  Ariadne betrayed herself to help Theseus kill her half brother the Minotaur, and then he left her abandoned on an island.  My friend is currently in the abandonment stage, she has already betrayed herself for him.  She turned into someone who she really was not.  In her situation, she needs to take a lesson from Narcissus, self love must always come first.  If a person has no respect for them self, or no love for them self, then they cannot be expected to have others fall in love with them.  Obviously Narcissus takes this a little too far...but a little bit of self love will never hurt.
Nick obviously takes it to far, we have all read the Magus, and we see how betrayal works.

No comments:

Post a Comment